Saturday, December 13, 2014

Wonderland Weekend: Books Examplify and Amplify Christmas Spirit

Wonderland Weekend is a feature where I pick a topic about how stories take us to "another world." Each month I have a new topic and will write about it every weekend of that month or just one or two weekends (whatever I feel like/have time for/can come up with). I would love for you to join me, so feel free to write about this topic at any time throughout the month and link it back to me - just have fun with it!
(These will usually be bookish posts but sometimes they'll be more of a discussion post)

December Topic: This is the wonderful and magically miraculous month of December where the spirit of love, hope, joy, and faith fills the air! Therefore, December Wonderland Weekend's will be filled with all things Christmas and books!

~~
 Books Examplify and Amplify Christmas Spirit
I love Christmas so much! I go full out for Christmas - Christmas music, books, and movies- from Nov. 24 - around Jan. 6 (my Birthday). I'm sure I drive my parents nuts (and maybe you readers too)!

Why do I love Christmas books so much?

Well, Christmas books should and normally do encompass the Christmas spirit that flows through the air at this time of year. They have a magical quality about them. Faith, love, hope, joy, kindness, and peace flow from them, into the readers heart - It's like floating in wonderful, loving, joyful, peaceful winter wonderland filled with hope and faith. There is no accurate combination of words to describe them, they are just special.

While this isn't the case for all Christmas books, it is for any Christmas book worth reading, and the only kind I will read!

Sometimes during past years and before I started blogging, I would have a really hard time finding truly Christmassy books. The lack of Christmas books devestated me because I love Christmas so much and had decided that during December I would only read Christmas books. There just weren't many YA Christmas books that I could find. Then I discover some fantastically great YA and Christian Christmas books (especially this year)!

Reading Christmas books amplifies my holiday spirit, putting a twinkle in my eyes during the middle of class, and keeping me up late at night for an infusion of more Christmas spirit!

So

The Christmas Books I've Read So Far This Year (full of Christmas spirit)
A Holiday Miracle in Apple ... An Unexpected Kiss by Cindy Roland Anderson Feels Like Love by Jeanette Lewis Full Court Devotion by Cami Checketts The Christmas Eve Kiss: A S... Where Treetops Glisten: Three Stories of Heartwarming Courage and Christmas Romance During World War II
A Holiday Miracle in Apple Blossom by June McCrary Jacobs
An Unexpected Christmas Kiss by Cindy Roland Anderson (Christmas in Snow Valley - CiSV)
Feels Like Love by Jeanette Lewis (CiSV)
Full Court Devotion by Cami Checketts (CiSV)
The Christmas Eve Kiss by Taylor Hart (CiSV)
Where Treetops Glisten (by 3 wonderful authors)

The Christmas Books I Have/Am Going to Read This Year (I have high hopes)
Risking it all for Love (A ... Blue Christmas My True Love Gave to Me: Tw... Winter's Kiss: The Ex Games... A Timeless Romance Antholog... The Christmas Watch
Risking It All For Love by Kimberly Montpetit (CiSV)
Blue Christmas by Lucy McConnell (CiSV)
My True Love Gave To Me (by 12 awesome authors)
Winters Kiss by Catherine Hapka and Jennifer Echols
Silver Bells Collection (by 6 wonderful authors)
The Christmas Watch by Erynn Mangum

These lists will probably grow, but there it is for now!

I would love to hear your thoughts on Christmas books and any Christmas book recommendations you have! I'm always looking for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!