Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Feels Like Love by Jeanette Lewis

Feels Like Love

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary
Christmas in Snow Valley is the perfect way for April Winston to introduce her city slicker fiance, Scott Mecham, to life on a farm. If only Wade Hadley, hometown boy and high school sweetheart, will cooperate! But Wade has no intention of letting April go without a fight. This Christmas, he is determined to overcome their painful past and show April that she already has what she’s been seeking all along.

My Review
I really enjoyed reading Feels Like Love. It was a perfect Christmas read, that felt like it would make a great Hallmark Christmas movie (that's a very good thing, by the way).

This book is all about being who you truly are and realizing what you truly want, what will make you happy. April may be introducing her fiance to her family, but it's Wade who still makes sparks fly. Whoever said history is in the past, got it wrong! There were some really hilarious moments in this book that had me laughing out loud in class (luckily I was done with my work), the feisty conversations between Wade and April, well... they were pretty fantastic to read!

While parts of this book had me laughing, there was also plenty of depth. The wounds between April and Wade won't be erased with one swipe, then there's the matter of the fiance.

I also really enjoyed April's family, from her brother  Benny who had cerebral palsy to her other siblings, they all added extra character to the book.

I enjoyed visiting Snow Valley again, and seeing another part of the fun festivities there, as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!