Monday, December 15, 2014

An Unexpected Kiss by Cindy Roland Anderson

An Unexpected Kiss: A Christmas in Snow Valley Romance

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary
Lucy Phillips doesn’t want to spend her Christmas vacation dodging her ex-boyfriend, so when he turns up at the airport to give her a ride home, Lucy panics and asks a complete stranger to kiss her. Although the kiss is incredible, Lucy never expects to see the guy again. Is it bad luck or destiny when Lucy comes down with a sore throat and the new doctor in Snow Valley is none other than Cole Taggart, the guy she kissed at the airport?

My Review
An Unexpected Christmas Kiss was full of Christmas spirit, and anyone who reads it will want to immediately go back to Snow Valley! I loved every minute of this magical Christmas story, and I know that, whether Grinch or Cindy Lou Who, you will too!
First of all, I really want to visit Snow Valley! I love Christmas, and my town could definitely use more Christmas spirit like this town has. The writing and interactions really made the Snow Valley Christmas spirit come alive and I loved the part at the Polar Express (yes, from the book and movie)!

One of the things I loved most about this book was the true Christmas spirit that Lucy had. She kind of reminded me of myself in that aspect. She was so joyful and loved Christmas so much, and it was so fun to watch her show Cole what Christmas can be like. Cole was pretty awesome too, as he warmed up to Christmas pretty quickly and fit right in his new Snow Valley surroundings. 
The chemistry between them was amazing, their time together put a constant smile on my face, and the circumstances that brought them together made my jaw drop (I couldn't imagine kissing a stranger, but it certainly worked well for Lucy - imagine the above picture, change it to an airport, take away long hair and frying pan, add in threat of ex-boyfriend and a kiss!). This book will have you giggling, that's for sure, and it will definitely bring out the Cindy Lou Who in you!
The true Christmas spirit was beautifully represented in this book! Lucy knew that a very important part of the season is faith and helping others and she definitely didn't forget that while she was showing Cole Christmas! I loved how Cole jumped right in and was so willing to participate and help.
Need some more Christmas spirit, or just can't get enough of it? Read this book now!

(I loved this book so much that I immediately went to Goodreads and added all of the authors other books to my TBR list!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!