Saturday, December 20, 2014

Blue Christmas by Lucy McConnell

Blue Christmas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary
As head of Snow Valley hospital's fundraising effort, Paisley Hackett barely has time to organize the craft show, cookie decorating party, and the annual Christmas Ball. What she doesn't have time for is falling in love with Clay Jett, the incredibly handsome bass player who sweeps into town. She's been burned by a tourist romance before, so with everything going on, Paisley will have to work overtime to protect her heart from Clay and his swoon-worthy ballads.

My Review
I fell in love with this book from the beginning. Blue Christmas definitely has that special Christmas quality and a ton of laugh out loud moments (I might have snorted once, and I'm sure my mom and sister thought I was crazy)! I would give hints, but just trust me on this one!

The characters were very relatable. Paisley liked to shut herself off and not let others in, focusing on work and keeping busy planning Christmas for Snow Valley. When she's reaqauinted (literally) with Clay sparks fly, and between all of the verbal sparring Paisley just might be tempted to feel something for this bass playing, witty, handsome "tourist"!

I loved the family interactions, the Christmas spirit, and the Snow Valley attractions. Readers who have read the other stories included in the Snow Valley Christmas Collection will get to visit some old attractions like the Carnival and some new ones like the Polar Bear Plunge and, finally, the Christmas Ball which I had been waiting on.

Watching this romance blossom in the oh so magical Snow Valley, at the oh so magical time of Christmas, was - you guessed it - magical! You will definitely have a sparkly, and swoon worthy white Christmas if you read Blue Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!