Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)

1. YA Christian novels
For many teens, myself included,  Faith in God is the most important aspect of our lives. Write more Christian based books that show us how to deal with life and problems in a Christian way, and lead others to God by showing them how God makes our lives whole.

2. YA novels set in countries other than the U.S.
I love the United States of America. I really do! But sometimes when I read I just want to go to a new place, a new country, somewhere I have never been before. What if I never get to physically go to any other country? Sometimes living in a world and experiencing a culture through the pages of a book is the best (or only) way you will ever get to. Please I'm begging you!

3. YA Christmas novels 
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. Jesus's birth the reason for the season, the spirit of joy, love, giving, and miracles that fills is us especially during this time of the year. The possibilities are endless! I absolutely love Christmas! I looked and looked for good YA Chriatmas books in December, but there are barely any, which really disappointed and upset me.

4. YA Historical Novels
Call me a nerd! The fact still remains that I  like history. It plays a  huge part in all of our lives, and when written through the eyes of fictional characters in becomes even more interesting and more retainable. Historical fiction is fun to read and you learn history sometimes without even realizing it, and definitely without falling asleep! From regency Europe to the Underground Railroad and so much more.

5. YA Fairytales 
As children we grow up hearing the stories of Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, etc. Why not make these Fairytales more intricate and detailed as we become older? Everyone deserves a happy ever after. 

6. Inspiring YA
Teens need to hear stories that will inspire them to make a difference in the world. Novels like Sweeter than Birdsong and Soul Surfer. These novels could help them come up with an idea that could help make the world a better place. 

7. YA novels with Angels
I love books with Angels in them, where miracles happen and create hope for all who read them. Teens definitely need more of this!

8. YA Mystery
You can never have to much mystery! From buried treasure, to missing Friends or items, to mysterious events, to undercover detectives. Past or present, mystery  is always intriguing.

9. YA with animals
I love animals! Sometimes I wonder why there aren't any books where the main character volunteers at a veterinary clinic or does a summer program with a zoo. It would be so interesting! 

10. Roadtrips
Cross country Roadtrips  with family or friends is always interesting. You have so many opportunities to see new places, make new friends, and create memories. Surprises around every corner!

These are just the first 10 things that I would like to see in books that popped into my mind! What would you like to see?


3 comments:

  1. For number one, I have a suggestion:
    Anomaly by Krista McGee
    There really isn't too much Christian lit out there. I'm not as religious as I should be, but I still enjoy it. I definitely wish there was more, too.
    For #7: There's The Unfinished Angel. I'm not too sure if it's YA or children's.. but it's pretty cute.
    For #10: the Austin Family series by Madeleine L'Engle. Particularly: The Moon by Night and Troubling a Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These are great suggestions, and I will definitely be checking them out! I have been wanting to read Anomaly since I read First Date and Starring Me by Krista McGee, so I think I will go ahead and get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wolfie 402 if you enjoy Christian Fiction, I highly recommend the River of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren. It isn't overly Christian, but it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!