Friday, January 31, 2014

2014 Series Challenge Hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat.'s

Series Challenge Button take2


A few days ago I saw this challenge, and though "hey, I have a few series that I started and need to complete, and a few I haven't read but want to read, so I might as well enter. Right?" So I am entering my third and probably last year long challenge for 2014!
Normally if I start a series, as long as I like it, I have to finish it. But sometimes I get sidetracked and keep putting the book off, or I don't want it to end yet, so I put it off until I'm so curious about what really happened that I have to finish it. Hey, stop giving me that look! Don't we all think of how we want a series to end?
You can earn badges based on the number of series you complete
Bronze Badge ~ 1-3 series
Silver Badge ~ 4-6 series
Gold Badge ~ 7-11
Platinum Badge ~ 12 plus
By earning a badge you will be entered into a certain giveaway.

Some of the rules
~ As long as you FINISH the series in 2014, the book counts. This means that if there are three books in the series and you read the first two last year, if you read the last book this year it can count toward this challenge.
~ Books read this year to complete the challenge must be reviewed in some way - a full review, mini review, or just a rating and a few sentences.
~ If the series won't be complete by December 1, 2014 read up to the most recent book, and there must be at least two books in the series before December 1, 2014.
~ HAVE FUN
Go here for more info

Of course, me being an overachiever like I am, my goal is to finish or read up to the most recent book of a series of at least 2 for 12 series between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014 (but who know if that will actually happen?)
I will be keeping track of books I have completed for this challenge by adding them to a shelf on Goodreads, as well as posting my progress at the end of each month my blog!

Does anyone else have a bunch of series they need to complete or plan on entering this challenge? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!