Monday, January 20, 2014

Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson

BlackmooreBlackmoore by Julianne Donaldson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blackmoore(I read this book a few months ago, but have to review it for my new blog since it was so good)

How can a book be so beautiful and amazing yet so utterly heartbreaking? Read this truly amazing book to find out. This story of Kate and Henry will stay in your mind forever.

This book made me laugh and it definitely made me cry. It made my heart soar with hope and then plummet to the ground again and back up, over and over again.

I felt so sorry for Kate, because of the way her mother acted, and because she felt that she had to hide her love for Henry. I could feel the crushing disappointment and desperation of both Kate and Henry at times.

Kate wanted to be free so badly. Doesn't everyone deserve to be free?!

The references to the freedom of a bird was beautiful and sad, and perfectly written in this book. There was so much beautiful symbolism!
Julianne Donaldson is an amazing writer, because the every word of the entire book flowed together beautifully. The flashbacks of their past were brilliantly woven into the story at just the right points to create the perfect effect.

Kate and Henry's lifelong friendship was beautiful and amazing. I loved how Henry was so honorable and kept his promise to Kate (even after so long) that she would see and get to go to Blackmoor. What he had done for her earlier in their friendship was so sweet and said so much about him (you have to read to find out).

I could really go on and on about this book, and write a whole essay about it, but then you would feel like you didn't need to read it, so I will stop now so I won't spoil it.
Pleeease read this book. I promise you won't regret it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!