Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Destination Unknown

Destination UnknownDestination Unknown by Amy Clipston

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Destination Unknown
Destination Unknown by Amy Clipston was a wonderful book, that I enjoyed very much. Though Whitney has everything she could want, the one thing she doesn't have is her freedom. Everything in Whitney's life is decided for her by her mother; from her hair color, to her activities, to the College she will attend, and even her friends. Consequently she is unable to live her own life and be herself. When her self centered rude boyfriend breaks up with her on Valentines day, and her friends and even her mom don't understand why she doesn't want him back, she realizes that her friends might not be true friends and that what her mom wants isn't necessarily what she wants. So when Taylor becomes her tutor will she realize who the real Whitney is, before it's to late? As she turns to God for help, Whitney will learn many things including how to stand up for herself in order to make her own choices, respect for her parents, how kind Taylor is and what it's like to have a friend that listens to her, and most important how to grow in her relationship with her parents, friends, and most of all God.
I don't want to spoil anything so I will just say that I liked the character growth in this book, as Whitney makes her own decisions and stands up for herself. I also liked how she interacted with Taylor and his kind family.
This was a great book and I recommend it to anyone.
I would like to thank the Z Street Team for a free ARC of Destination Unknown.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!