Friday, January 17, 2014

Whispers from the Shadows (The Culper Ring #2)Whispers from the Shadows by Roseanna M. White

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Whispers from the ShadowsWOW! This book was very intruiuging! Not only did I not see all of those twists and turns coming, but I couldn't put down this book. All of the characters came to life and had so many realistic and unique characteristics that they almost lept off of the pages. Well done Roseanna M. White!

I loved the elements that were taken from the first book, Ring of Secrets, including many of the characters and Culper Ring elements, as well as the art elements.

One of my favorite things about this book was how it relayed the message of how we should always put our faith and trust in God, especially in times of trouble or doubt. For God is the only one that has the ability to always be there for us and rescue us.
Another thing that I really thought was amazing was how Thaddeus got intuitive thoughts from God leading him in the right direction and telling him what to do many times throughout tne book. Hopefully that happens to all of us sometimes!

The murder of General Fairchild was very sad. I felt terrible for Gwyneth, his daughter and one of the main characters, who was extremely tortured by not only losing her father but witnessing her uncle murder him.

Though there are very sad times in this book - Fairchilds death, the war, etc. - this book also made me laugh. It was so funny and sweet how Gwyneth trusted Thaddeus so much from the start that she was only able to sleep when he was in the house and even fell asleep multiple times when he was talking, from exhaustion when he arrived home! The conversations between Gwyneth, Thadeus, and the whole Lane family were also funny and enlightening.

This book had a great plot, interesting characters, wonderful messages and faith, history, clean romance, and so much more!
This book will leave you thinking about it days after you finish it!
I really need to stop now so I don't spoil anything!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!