Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday Topic: hosted by the Broke and the Bookish - Books that Made Me Cry 
I have to admit that, embarrassing as it is,  I am definitely a crybaby. I'm always crying during books, movies, TV shows, and videos, whether I'm happy or sad. I get it from my mom, and I honestly think I got my sister's dose of it as well as my own. Soooo

     
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman - This book was probably the saddest book I ever read, considering I cried from about page sixteen (or before) to the last page. I had known when my mom got it that it was going to be sad, so I decided to read it all at once no matter what, so it was like three to four hours of nonstop crying. My eyes were so red and puffy by the time I was done; I was really glad we weren't going anywhere. It was just so sad.

Night by Elie Wiesel - This book takes place during the Holocaust, so how could it not be sad? I had to read this for school last year, and cried while reading it in class.
NightBlackmooreSweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)

Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson - This book was just so beautiful and heartbreaking.

Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliot - Sweeter than Birdsong was amazingly inspiring, but it was so sad at times.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman - This author is just really good at making me shed tears.

Anomaly (Anomaly #1)Anomaly by Krista McGee - Anomaly made me cry, because of the uncertainty about what was going to happen, and the main characters beautiful new belief in Christ - what she said towards the end (I can't tell you, you have to read it!)

Tiger's Curse Collector's B...   Faithful (Faithful, #1)The HelpUnearthly (Unearthly, #1)
 The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand - These were really great books, but they were so sad at times. I cried a lot during one of them.

The Tiger's Curse Series by Colleen Houck - Uggghhh! Was everything going to end up the way I wanted it to? Plus there were just some really sad moments! By the way, this is a must read series.

 The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I read this over the summer for my AP English class. It was a very inspiring book, but it was very sad because of the injustice and unfairness, plus certain moments or events.

Faithful by Janet Fox- It's been a while since I read this, but I remember that, mainly because of what happened to her mom, I cried.

I also must say that the movie Marley and Me is probably the movie that made me cry the most. I watched it at the movie theater, started crying when there was about 45 minutes left, and couldn't stop. Then for the rest of the day/night I felt like the least little thing would make me start crying again.

There are my crying confessions! Are you a crybaby like me, or a dry eyed like my sister? What books or movies make you cry? Feel free to leave a comment or a link to your TTT.




4 comments:

  1. Ooh nice list! I can't recall if I cried or teared up in the Tiger's Curse Saga! Mostly likely at the end of that 4th book! But there is supposed to be another one, I believe it's being called Kishan's book! Cannot wait!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved that series, it was so interesting! I had heard that there was supposed to be another book, I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  2. If I Stay made it onto my list :D (thanks for stopping by, by the way!)
    The Help made me cry a lot, too - but I read it for the heck of it (:
    I have not read any of the other ones, but I might have to look into them. I cannot stay dry-eyed at all if it hits me hard.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!