Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Liebster Blog Awards (2, 3, and 4)


About a week ago I was nominated for a second Liebster Blog Award by Ipshita Ranjana from Gateway to a Different World, two days later for a third Liebster Blog Award by Yuan Tian at Obsessive Compulsive Reader, and three days later a fourth Liebster Blog Award by Alisa Kepner at The Reading Obsession! Thank you all so much, I feel so honored! I'm so sorry that it took me so long to get this post out (especially for some of you). This post will have everyones questions and answers in it, and I'm only doing the 11 facts about me once.

What is this?
The Liebster Award is an award to bloggers with less than 200 followers from fellow bloggers, and its goal is to spread the word and introduce us to new blogs. It's so awesome how wonderful new blogs appear all the time!

The Rules
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers (you can't re-nominate the blog that nominated you).
Go to their blog and tell them they have been nominated and leave a link to their post.

11 Facts About Me (I'm going to have to cheat and use some of the ones I came up for my first Liebster Blog Award, sorry)
1. My faith is extremely important to me, my biggest dream is to go on at least one mission trip in my lifetime.

2. I plan on going on a Mission Trip to Romania with a group of people at my Church this summer. I'm so excited! I hope that God uses us to speak to the children there and makes a difference in both their lives and our lives.

3. I love inspiring books.

4. I teach the 2-year old class at my Church during the first service.

5. I am shy and quiet, until you get to know me, then I talk a lot, though I do talk more than I used to. Some people who just meet me think I'm to serious, but they don't know/understand me.

6. I laugh a lot (like, a lot, a lot), I'm emotional and cry and laugh while reading, and I'm easily embarrassed (pale skin can be a curse when embarrassed, because even if you are wearing foundation, blushing is still visible).

7. I play the flute, picallo, and a little piano.

8.  I love summer because there is no school, I can read more, there are flowers, I can take my dog for a walk, and I can be outside all day long (my favorite place to read is on my porch or in my grandparents gazebo when it's warm). I also love snow, but feel like it should only be cold if it is going to snow.

9. I love Christmas, because of the reason for the season, and it is a season of hope, joy, love, and giving. I sing Christmas songs from Thanksgiving until the day after my Birthday, which is in January, and I make my parents leave the tree up until then too. I also drive my parents nuts by filling up the DVR when I record and watch all Hallmark (and some other) Christmas movies. I just love the spirit of Christmas.

10. I love animals.

11. I'm seventeen, a junior, and I want to become a teacher (I counted this as one because some of you already know this, and I cheated with most of the others, so, yeah)

Questions from Ipshita
1. What are your interests apart from reading?
When I'm not reading I like to spend time with my family and friends, walk my dog, help others, blog (you never would have guessed, right?), garden, cook, ice skate, ride my bike, listen to music and sing, and watch Hallmark, etc.

2. Are you a morning or night person?
I normally hate getting up early unless it's for something important to me. I tend to be a bit grouchy sometimes if I get up to early, but I do like to get up by nine (when there's no school). I like to stay up late, but normally go to bed around 10:00-10:30 on school nights because if I don't that morning grouchiness comes out and scares everyone around me!

3. The series with whom you share a love and hate relationship?
If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Foreman. I liked the first one, but I didn't really like the second one. It just wasn't my type of reading.

4. Your favorite book boyfriend
Oh my! Marcello in the River of Time series, Ronan in the Remnants series, and Marcus in A Beauty So Rare! Such amaazing guys of Steong faith and wonderful character and personality! READ THEM AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY!

5. Batman or Superman?
Superman

6. Young adult or new adult?
YOUNG adult! I only read clean books, and NA just doesn't seem to meet that standard, needless to say I have never even read any NA before. Feel free to recommend any you think I should read, just remember that they have to be clean and I'll give it a try!

7. How did you start blogging?
I signed up for a blogger account, and started posting book reviews and bookish memes! Not quite what you wanted? Well, I love to read and wanted to share my love of books with others.

8. Your worst nightmare
Me hurting someone I love, or something happening to someone I love

9.What's your favorite genre?
YA, Christian Historical Fiction/Christian Fiction, and fairy tale retelling (hey, I'm saying it can count), historical, and mysteries

10. Do you prefer desserts or spicy food?
DESSERTS!

11. Sweet and diplomatic reviews or snarky and straightforward reviews?
I like honest reviews with personality, and believe that all reviews should be polite.

Questions from Yuan
1. Favorite place(s) to read
I love to read outside either in the swing (glider like kind) in our yard, or on my porch, but my favorite is the gazebo at my grandparents house. I love to be outside and the sounds of birds and the creek by our house are so nice. When it's to cold, I like to read in the room between our kitchen and living room (it doesn't really have a name and it's not exactly a room) or in my bed.

2. Bookshops vs Library: Which do you visit more often? Do you prefer buying or borrowing books?
I like to own books, but it gets kind of expensive. But I don't really a way to get to the Library very often so I end up borrowing ebooks, buying ebooks, or going to a bookshop. I guess I really need to get a car!

3. Do you notate your books or keep them clean and pristine?
Sometimes, but not very often I will highlight a quote in an ebook, but if it's a real book I keep it clean and pristine!

4. Who's your favorite artist/painting?
I guess Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. It looks slightly magical in places.

5. Do you know a second language? If so, which one? If not, which one would you want to learn?
I know a little Spanish. I'm taking Spanish 2 now and I'll take College Spanish next year as a senior, but I would love to learn French.

6. Who's your celebrity crush?
Oh My! I like Shane Harper, he seems to have a great personality and he's a Christian, he did a great job in the movie God is not Dead. When Calls the Heart is my favorite TV series, so I like Daniel Lissing who plays Jack (I like his character)! and James Maslow from Big Time Rush (he's on Dancing with the Stars now)!

7. Besides reading and blogging, what else do you like to do in your spare time?
When I'm not reading I like to spend time with my family and friends, walk my dog, help others, garden, cook, ice skate, ride my bike, listen to music and sing, and watch Hallmark, etc.

8. Do you also write, if so which genre?
I would really like to write, but I'm kind of scared to. If I did it would probably be one of or a mix of my favorite genre's.

9. Are you a coffee or tea person?
Definitely a tea person. I think coffee tastes like burnt dirt!

10. When you are having a bad day, what do you do to destress?
To destress I like to read, pet my dog or cat, watch TV (mainly Hallmark movies and shows), or listen to music.

11. If you suddenly received a monetary windfall (say $1000), what would you do with it?
I would give $600 to charities, spend $100 on books, and save the rest. Or I would put it toward a mission trip (they're expensive).

Questions from Alisa
1. What are your favorite genres?
YA, Christian Historical Fiction/Christian Fiction, and fairy tale retelling (hey, I'm saying it can count), historical, and mysteries

2. Which fictional world would you most like to live in?
I would love to live in Lisa Tawn Bergren's world in the River of Time series. It would be so amazing!

3. Why did you decide to blog?
I have followed a lot of book blogs for a few years and I always though that it would be fun, but I was scared. So at the beginning of this year I finally decided that I didn't care what anyone else thought, because I wanted to do it. I read all the time and wished to share my books with others.

4. What's your favorite food?
Chocolate

5. What is your least favorite part about blogging?
Sometimes I feel like I'm behind on my reading. I love getting free books from authors and publishers, but sometimes I feel like I don't get them read and reviewed fast enough. Sometimes I want to read a book I bought but don't feel like I should until I read all the other books, which gets frustrating sometimes. (This doesn't happen all the time, and it's not because I don't want to read the book, I'm just in the mood to read something else).

6. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I love sharing my books, thoughts, and opinions with other people that share my love of reading. Meeting new people from all over the world is amazing too, not to mention interacting with authors, and receiving free books.

7. How long does it take for you to write a post?
It honestly depends on what kind of post it is. For example Waiting on Wednesday, Stacking the Shelves, and Weekly Wrap-ups (I call the Week of Wonder) posts don't take as long. For Top Ten Tuesdays and reviews it usually depends on what it is, how much I say, and how long it takes me to come up with it. Then it depends on whether or not I want to save it and come back to it later. Then there are posts like this one that honestly take up about 4 hours or more altogether (not exaggerating I promise).

8. How do you feel about book release dates being pushed back?
I hate it when release dates are pushed back, especially if it's a book I've really been looking forward to.

9. What is your favorite part of the day?
It depends on what day it is, whether or not there is school, and what I have to do that day.

10. What are some of your favorite and least favorite books turned into movies?
I haven't watched many book to movie adaptations, but I liked Where Courage Calls, and I need to watch Divergent sometime.

11. If you could go anywhere in this world, where would you go?
If I could go anywhere in the world I would travel around Europe! I'm fascinated by other cultures and I would love to go to so many countries in Europe.

My Questions
1. Favorite bookish moment
2. Favorite genre
3. Have you been to another country,where would you like to go?
4. Favorite place to read
5. Any unique bookish goals?
6. Who's your Bookish Boyfriend and Bookish BFF?
7. Do you write? If so what genre?
8. What do you like to do besides reading and blogging?
9. When did you start blogging and what made you start blogging?
10. Do you have any pets?
11. Who is the most inspiring fictional character you have ever read about and why?
Do you like series? If so, do you like trilogies or longer series?

Nominees Such wonderful blogs (Drum roll please)
Kyendwarrior @ Eternity Through Pages
Michelle Bell @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books
Stacy Sanders Daniel @ The Daniels Great Adventure
Carol E. Keen @ Blogging With Carol
Courtney Clark @ The Green Mockingbird
Danni Hildebrandt @ Loving the Chaos
Heidi Madsen Robbins @ Heidi Reads
Deb Ogle Haggarty @ Positive Grace
Stacey Zink @ Suburban Thoughts
Pam Wright Burke @ Southern Gal Loves to Read
More blogs will be added soon! I promise! And I'll add links, so you can visit them! It just took me a while to get to this post and I wanted to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!