Friday, November 14, 2014

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary
The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan-an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers that months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie's summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It's a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing to stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.

My Review
First of all, Ally Carter really has a way with writing wonderfully gripping spy mystery novels!

Operative Higgins has been meaning to continue/finish the Gallagher Girls series for a while now, but hadn't gotten the chance because, as Operative Higgins, I've been chasing down evil members of secretive groups. Well, I finally got a chance to read book five, and I finished it very quickly because it seemed to be glued to my fingers and it's hard to catch evil operatives when you something slightly weighty glued to your hand! What can I say, I've always loved a good mystery!

Cammie went through some rough patches in this book, both literally and figuratively speaking. She ran toward answers at the beginning of summer and also into danger. When she returns to the Gallagher Academy, no matter how happy she is to see her loved ones again she has to figure out what happened to her over the summer because, well, she just can't seem to remember. And those loved ones? Well, will her relationship ever be the same with her friends ever again - or will they ever forgive her? I enjoyed reading about her journey to uncover and discover new variables, how she dealt with her memory loss and teenage issues like a true Gallagher Girl, and about her and her friends.

I enjoyed the teamwork, the hope, the importance of family and friendship and what it truly means (to/for spies),the many twists and turns. As soon as I thought of an idea, Ms. Carter took it for a spin, which is totally awesome!  

I can't wait to read the sixth book, though I REALLY don't want this series to end. I have high expectations though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!