Thursday, April 9, 2015

Submerged by Dani Pettrey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Goodreads summary
Bailey Craig vowed never to set foot in Yancey again. She has a past, and a reputation--and Yancey's a small town. She's returned to bury a loved one killed in the plane crash and is determined not to stay even an hour more than necessary. But then dark evidence emerges and Bailey's own expertise becomes invaluable for the case.

Cole McKenna can handle the deep-sea dives and helping the police recover evidence. He can even handle the fact that a murderer has settled in his town and doesn't appear to be moving on. But dealing with the reality of Bailey's reappearance is a tougher challenge. She broke his heart, but she is not the same girl who left Yancey. He let her down, but he's not the same guy she left behind. Can they move beyond the hurts of their pasts and find a future together?

My Review
While this is the first book in the Alaskan Courage series, I have read and loved two of the others, so I was really looking  forward to reading this one.

At the beginning of Submerged, readers learn a lot about Baileys past, and I was honestly shocked at what we learned. I felt so bad for her, and her nickname - no one deserves that. But, she had changed a lot, accepting Jesus as her Saviour and going to Church. She wasn’t the same girl previously known in Yancey - a complete 360. But, she still struggled with forgiving herself, and embracing the future that God had in store for her, worrying too much about what other people think of her. Every single time she said that she didn’t deserve something broke my heart, and I found myself truly hoping that she would realize that she was worth dying for, so after her renewed spirit she deserved so much more than she would allow herself! The message that came with this story was awe inspiring and truly beautiful.

Cole Mckenna was a wonderful and kind man. True in his faith, and helping others. He was persistent, and had a way of getting past Bailey’s defenses, as she got through his. I found myself, especially at the beginning, relating to him more so than Bailey.

The mystery was amazing! The McKenna family’s team work never ceases to amaze me, and I love spending time with them as I get to know them better and better with each book I read. Like I said, I enjoyed the mystery very much! The russian culture and Bailey’s expertise on it, the clues, the diving! It all came together so beautifully and interestingly, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Each of these books emphasizes family, and of course love and faith. I can’t wait to read Piper and Landon’s story in book 2 and Jake and Kayden’s story in book 4! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!