Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bookish Relationships (#1) - The One


This is a new feature on Wonderous Reviews! While writing a Top Ten Tuesday post on what I like and dislike about relationships in books I realized that I had a lot more to say about what makes me swoon and what breaks my heart in bookish relationships. These discussions will be randomly posted, and they will each have a specific topic such as best friends to relationship romance or love triangles. 
These are meant to be discussions so I want to know what you guys think too, so please comment and/or feel free to write your own post! This is meant to be fun and full of opinions and discussion (it's okay to disagree, just be polite)!

~~~~
Let's start off with the number one thing on my swoonworthy bookish romantic relationships list - The One relationships!

I love a book that focuses on The One. There is no love triangle, normally not insta love (or if so there is more to base it on), the two people aren't pretending. Sure, they have some problems, I mean, what couple doesn't? The difference is that they work things out between them. They are each others best friend, but even more so!

I think every girl dreams of someday finding The One. Some people don't believe in The One, and that makes me extremely sad. I believe that there is a such thing as The One, and I believe that God will lead me to him someday. (But, maybe I'm not supposed to find him and get married, that's okay too).

I've read some peoples thoughts that book relationships, especially the books that have The One, are unrealistic and set us up to dream and be disappointed because they haven't found a relationship like that. That also makes me really sad, because I love The One relationships and find them to be inspiring. These pure, true love relationships give me hope for the future, that someday I might find a love like that. Our relationships won't compare to the books, because they are our own and not those of fictional characters (that seem real). The real life The One relationship is even better because it doesn't end after a set number of pages or books. The One relationships will go through ups and downs, but they always figure it out, together, with lots of laughter along the way.

Most books that end with a relationship can most likely be counted as finding their The One. Here are some of my favorite The One book relationships that are solely The One relationships and don't count in love triangle categories as well. Love triangle relationships normally end up with The One as well, but I don't want to focus on those right now, or ruin the ending of any books for anyone.

(And of course all of my favorite The One relationships are completely clean)!
 Click on the book to see my review.

Heart Song (Heart Song Tril... Shifter's Heart (Heart Song...
Jerric and Alanna, Dustan and Laelynn (review coming soon)! They are each others heart song, and their relationships are full of pure, true love. They make each other laugh, they have real conversations, they support each other.
Probably my 2 favorite The One relationships!

The Ryn (Eyes of E'veria, #1)
The relationship between  Rynnaia and Julien is also pretty swoonworthy, though! They are connected through their journey, goal, and faith!

Waterfall (River of Time, #1) The Princess Spy
I love the relationships in these two series!

The Hesitant Heiress (The Everstone Chronicles, #1) The Daughter of Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #2) Conception (Future Savior, #1) A Holiday Miracle in Apple Blossom Undeniably Yours (Porter Family #1) The Wishing Season (Chapel Springs, #3) A Sugar Creek Christmas (A Sugar Creek Novel) A Beauty So Rare (Belmont Mansion, #2) Full Steam Ahead
It took some of them a while to realize it, but these relationships are totally swoonworthy too! I love how they share their faith, and are each others best friends. They are always there for each other.

Of course there are ton of other fantastic The One relationships that I love and find totally swoonworthy, but those are some of my very favorites!

How do you feel about The One relationships in books?  What are some good The One relationships you've read about? 
Let's discuss our thoughts, opinions, and feelings, and get this discussion rolling!

1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!