Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week of Wonder

Week of Wonder is what I call my Weekly Wrap-up. I will link up everything that I did on my blog this week - books I read, books I reviewed, what challenges I've added to, what I'm currently reading, all my other posts, etc. I will also let you know about any upcoming events that are coming up on my blog.

This week I went to Myrtle Beach with my parents and sister! So much fun!

Our vacation was short but sweet , we got there on Thursday and came back on Sunday. We did a ton of wave jumping on both calm and slightly rough waves! While wave jumping Friday I saw a porpoise jump once, and Saturday I saw a dolphin jump twice! Then Saturday night after we had all went for a walk on the beach, my dad and I went for another walk, and some guy had seen and picked up a baby shark about 10 inches long, and we got to touch it - cool right?! Or scary? Take your pick. It felt like cartilage the bottom part of  an earlobe, that is what they are made of after all, and it was wet, cool, and slick. It had little teeth and a cute fin too! Luckily (for the shark) he released it back into the water. I just wish I would have had my cellphone with me to take a picture!
I love dolphins - they are my favorite sea animal!
I did a little bit of research on baby sharks when I got back to the hotel, because after thinking how cool seeing the baby shark was, I thought "oh no, I hope mommy shark isn't close by!" But I found out that sharks abandon their babies as soon as they are born. So sad:( They are "fully prepared to take care of themselves," but still:( Sharks can also be hatched from eggs or birthed like humans. 

Enough shark facts though, here's what happened on the blog last week
I joined twitter (but haven't tweeted much yet)
Top Ten Cover Trends I Like and Dislike
Evacuation by Jennifer Hartz
Meant to Be Mine by Becky Wade
Stuck Together by Mary Connealy

Coming Up
Interview with Jennifer Hartz
Siege by Jennifer Hartz
TTT  - favorite classics
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad

What was your week like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!