Monday, June 9, 2014

Book Quiz of Confessions, Pet Peeves, and Shelfies

A couple weeks ago, Jamie at Books and Beverages answered this quiz, and I thought it looked fun.
So here are the questions and my answers!

What are your top three book pet hates?
1. I honestly don't mind letting people borrow my books. I really don't. It's totally fine. It's just really annoying when I don't get them back, or I get a book back but it's torn or stained all over the place!

2. Sometimes when I'm reading I find the way to loud background noise of the TV extremely annoying. Is it to much to ask that it is a moderate volume?!

3. I love supporting authors, and I love book sales, but it drives me crazy when an eBook goes on sale right after I buy it. Guess I should have waited one more week!

Describe your perfect reading spot.
Outside! I love reading in the big swing like thing in our yard, and the gazebo at my grandparents house. If it's warm and not raining those are two of the most likely spots to find me in! When it's cold I like to read in the loveseat or my bed, because they are the quietest and coziest places inside.

Tell us three book confessions.
Uh oh! Some of these can be a little embarrassing! 
1. I love Netgalley and I have a Nook! I just can't figure out how to download the free Ebooks onto my nook. I've read the directions, they don't seem to work for me! So I have to read them on the Kindle app on my iPhone, which is annoying at times (especially at first) but I'm getting used to it, and it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the book!

2. I have a very expressive face, and I'm an emotional reader. That means that when I'm reading a book I can't help that sometimes (or most of the time) I have a smile on face, I laugh, I cry, I smirk, I raise a single eyebrow and smirk. Sure this is great when your at home and no one sees you, but when your at school or anywhere in public it can be kind of embarrassing! For me it's either that or don't read, so I just deal with the looks and the fact that everyone is saying "look at them at weird girl over there, she can't stop smiling at her (book, nook, phone)," or "why does she look like she's about to cry? It's just a book." They are not bookish people and they just don't understand!

3. I like to keep my books nice and neat. I never highlight or write in them, And I'm very careful with them. I always must have a book with me (or three)!

When was the last time you cried during a book?
Like I said, I'm a very emotional reader. I tend to cry during any sad part of any book, and sometimes I even cry when something inspires me.

How many books are on your bedside table?
Make that my headboard. I have my TBR pile on my headboard. Between my Nook and my Kindle app, plus physical books, I have a lot of books on my headboard! Here are the physical books currently there

What is your favorite snack while reading?
I don't eat while I'm reading very often (don't want to leave smudges plus I get distracted from both the book and the food!), but sometimes I like to eat a little chocolate. I love drinking sweet tea, peach flavored water or watermelon flavored water, or hot chocolate while I read!

Name three books that you would recommend to everyone.
Heart Song by Desiree Williams
Any book by Lisa T. Bergren or Melanie Dickerson
Lunar Chronicles Series by Stephanie Meyer
plus tons of others!
So I cheated a little, it's not an easy question!

Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.


Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Imagination, Inspiration, Gateway

What is your biggest reading secret?
I love physical books, but within the last two years (since I got my Nook) I tend to read more ebooks only because they are cheaper (also since January, Netgalley and review books from authors). Such a sad fact:(
I hardly ever go to the library. I just borrow ebooks, mainly because I don't really have transportation to the library 30 minutes away from my house (by the time my parents get home it's to late).

I would love to know your confessions and answers to these questions, feel free to answer them in the comments and/or leave your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!