Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Top Ten Cover Trends I Like/Dislike

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we pick the top ten things that we choose for the topic of the week.
Topic: Top Ten Cover Trends I Like/Dislike 
I love it when a cover catches my eye and makes me want to read it! Of course I only read it if it sounds like something I might like.
Of course there may be exceptions to these, (sorry I don't have cover pictures this week) but generally

I Like
Covers showing pretty settings
Covers showing main character(s) and pretty dresses
Covers with pretty color schemes and black and white with a pretty colored title
Covers with two different pictures (top and bottom or left to right)
Covers with a artsy or unique look
When covers have a meaning/go with the story
Covers that are eye catching

I Dislike
Covers with kissing (it's annoying and I don't want to read something like that around other people because they might assume it was an inappropriate book when it's not)
Covers that have nothing to do with the book (it's kind of annoying after I read it)
When covers of  a book change

What draws you to a book? What repels you from a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!