Monday, May 19, 2014

When I'm With You by Cecilia Gray

When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)When I’m With You by Cecilia Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I’m With You Goodreads Summary
Kat is destined to be a star and her big break has arrived at last! As the assistant to a celebrity classmate on the set of a feature film, she's going to show everyone she has what it takes. That is, until she discovers pursuing her dreams may mean forfeiting her heart. Unless she can find a way to have both...

The last thing that the girls at the elite Jane Austen Academy need is guys. But over the summer the school has been sold, and like it or not, the guys are coming. And they're about to turn the Academy—and the lives of its students—totally upside down...

Dive into the fabulous, fun lives of six Academy girls as their friendships are tested, torn and ultimately triumph.

My Review
I love Jane Austin, and this is a very good series of Jane Austin retellings. I read and enjoyed the first two, as well as this one!

Kat was a very strong and determined character who knows who she is on stage, but feels like she needs a script off stage. She dreams big, wanting to be a movie star, so when movie star Josh asks her to be his personal assistant for his current film she can't say no, even it is during Christmas break.

As Kat met Henry and Izzy, two more movie stars in the film, and befriended the cast and crew of the horror film, she started to feel like she actually fit in for once. Josh always left her lists of stuff to do, Henry just wanted to be able to be himself and Izzy was, kind of, well Izzy around filming.

I loved how Kat went through the process of figuring out who she really was as a person, off stage. Family, friends, honesty, trust, respect - are those prices she is willing to pay for fame?  The message of realizing that you can be a star and shine bright no matter what your doing or where you are - it's what's inside that counts, really shone through in this book!

I received a copy of this book for free from Netgalley. This did not effect my review in any way, and all thoughts and opinions were my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!