Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down but Didn't

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we pick the top ten things that we choose for the topic of the week.
Topic - Ten Books I Almost Put Down but Didn't
I won't be able to come up with ten this week, but I'll try to come up with as many as I can. I am normally very careful about buying books, so I usually read a bunch of reviews before I buy or even borrow. 
Here you go, feel free to respectfully get mad at me!

The Fault in Our Stars - I know, I know! Pretty much everyone loves this book, but I didn't even want to pick it up to begin with. You see, I knew from the start that this wasn't my type of book, but I read it for an assignment for class, so I had to finish it even though it sounded a little to hopeless for my taste.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King - This book sounded good when I bought it, but then I started reading it, quickly realized it wasn't my type of book, and set it down. My mom decided to read it, and she told me that I needed to give it another chance so I picked it up again and read it. I actually kinda liked it after a while, it got better. Sure there were still parts that I didn't like but overall it was a good book.

Where She Went -  I liked If I Stay even though it made me cry while I read the entire book. So I was hoping that I would like Where She Went and that it wouldn't make me cry. No offense, but it was one of the most annoying books I've ever read and I wanted to put it down so many times. I just didn't like some of the characters actions. I honestly wasn't judging them, I just wasn't enjoying reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!