Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Armchair BEA - Day 4

I'm having so much fun with Armchair BEA, I'm really enjoying writing about all of these fun topics!

Beyond the Borders
One of the reasons that I love to read so much is because books can transport us to other places. There are so many places that I will never get to physically go to, but through books I can go anywhere from Europe (I'm fascinated with all things Europe), to the past, to a fantasy or future world, etc. That is, perhaps, one of my favorite things about reading - it opens up a whole new world of imagination, possibilities, sites, and experiences. It allows me to be someone else, or to live through the eyes of someone else. It crosses beyond the border of my life and into another.

I also love learning about other countries, cultures, and people all over the world, whether that's through books or in Geography class (last year, and my favorite high school class ever).

Going beyond borders from a bloggers standpoint is always really cool as well. I find it so amazing that people all over the world are able to see my thoughts about a book, my points, and opinions. I can get to know them from all the way across the world, and they can get to know me through my words. It never ceases to amaze me, when I check stats and audience on my blog (just for fun), that I see so many countries listed there and I get a little thrill!

While we're speaking of going beyond the borders, I'll be doing just that this summer, as I go to Romania on a mission trip with a small group of people at my Church. I'm so excited to share God's love with the children and teens there!:)

I think I'll stop there, but this is a topic that I could go on and on about. While I can't list all of the books that have crossed the borders, considering it would be a very long list, here are some that I've read since I started blogging (including links to my review in case you're interested).
Heart Song by Desiree Williams
Climbing the Stairs - Padma Venkatraman - About an Indian teens struggle to live her dream, as well as her family and some very interesting Indian culture.
April and the Dragon Lady by Lensey Namioka - about a Chinese american family, includes some interesting Chinese culture.
River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren - fourteenth century Italy
Season of Wonder (Remnants Series #1) by Lisa T. Bergren - dystopian
Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Anomaly by Krista McGee - dystopian - dystopian
Cress by Marissa Meyer - The Common Wealth
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson 
The Movement of Crowns by Nadine C. Keels
A Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander
Future Savior series by Jennifer Hartz (currently reading book one)

Like I said, there have been so many more, but there are a few.

What about you? What do you think about going beyond borders? Have you ever gone beyond borders, and what books have taken you beyond borders?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!