Friday, March 7, 2014

Falling Behind on Friday - Doon

Falling Behind on Friday is a meme hosted by Moira the Fates book reviews, where we share a book that have been sitting on our shelves waiting be read, or have been on your wishlist.

Doon (Doon, #1)Doon by Carey Corp




DoonGoodreads Summary
Veronica doesn't think she's going crazy. But why can't anyone else see the mysterious blond boy who keeps popping up wherever she goes? When her best friend, Mackenna, invites her to spend the summer in Scotland, Veronica jumps at the opportunity to leave her complicated life behind for a few months.

But the Scottish countryside holds other plans.

Not only has the imaginary kilted boy followed her to Alloway, she and Mackenna uncover a strange set of rings and a very unnerving letter from Mackenna's great aunt—and when the girls test the instructions Aunt Gracie left behind, they find themselves transported to a land that defies explanation. Doon seems like a real-life fairy tale, complete with one prince who has eyes for Mackenna and another who looks suspiciously like the boy from Veronica's daydreams. But Doon has a dark underbelly as well. The two girls could have everything they've longed for...or they could end up breaking an enchantment and find themselves trapped in a world that has become a nightmare.

DOON is loosely based on the premise of the musical Brigadoon, with permission from the ALan Jay Lerner Estate and the Frederick Loewe Foundation.


I have been wanting to read this book since it came out, and I promise myself, right now, that I am going to buy it soon. I don't know why I didn't read it sooner, I guess I just never got around to buying it. Doon sounds extremely interesting, like a book that I would really like. First of all, it takes place in Ireland. Second, it says enchantment, fairy-tale, and mysterious. Third, just look at that cover! it's so pretty. Put all of that together and it just sounds amazing!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!