Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Fantasy Favourites Read-A-Thon Introduction

I’m so excited to participate in the Fantasy Favourites Read-A-Thon! This will be the first readathon that I’ve ever participated in, and they always look so fun. A huge thank you to Olivia’s Catastrophe and Bookshelf Reflections, and without further ado let’s get on with the introductions!

Introduce yourself!
Hmmm. Just a warning, my life isn’t all that exciting - I’m not an FBI agent, a genius, I don’t have special powers, or anything like that!
So,
Hi, my name is Lakin and I love to spend time with my family and friends, read, be outside, play my flute etc.! I started blogging in January 2014, and have loved every minute of it.

Why did you choose to join the read-a-thon?
First of all, I love a good fantasy book! I’ve always wanted to participate in a read-a-thon, and this one sounded super fun, so I thought that I’d have fun and just do it. I hope I’ll get to connect with some other bloggers too - don’t be afraid to comment, I promise I don’t bite through internet connections (or in person)!

What books do you intend to read?
That’s a good question.

~The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
~Doon by Carey Corp
~These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
~Kiss of deception by Mary E. Pearson

These are possibilities, nothing set in stone. I’ve been reading quite a bit of fantasy lately, but not a whole lot of the super popular ones. I would greatly appreciate some recommendations of what you think I might like!

How many pages do you think you can manage?
Well, I don’t know how busy I’ll be next week, so I’m going to go on the safe side and say 350. That’s an average amount of pages in 1 book. Hopefully next week I’ll back away from the new tv shows I’ve discovered, and kick this challenge out of the park!

What is your current favourite fantasy read?
I love, love, love The Eyes of E’veria series by Serena Chase! And of course the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

What is your least favorite fantasy?
I’m not sure that I have a least favorite. I have really enjoyed all the ones I’ve read so far.

Which fantasy book are you dying to read?
There are so many fantasy books I can’t wait to read - especially the ones mentioned above!

Can you suggest some (3) good reads to the fellow read-a-thon participants?
Why of course! I think that everyone should read the Eyes of E’veria series by Serena Chase, The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, and the Tigers Curse series by Colleen Houck. They are all totally amazing and fabulous, and now I want to go reread them all!

If you could choose any fantasy character to be chained to during the read-a-thon, who would it be?
Ummm, this is hard! Do I go with Ren from Tiger’s Curse, or any character from the Eyes of E’veria series? Either way is good with me!

Invite a friend to join in the fun!
I invite you! Yes, you - the one reading this right now! No, you can’t pretend you didn’t get the invitation!

So, any good fantasy recommendations for me? What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!