Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon Intro

Displaying BANNER - 2015 LOVEATHON.png
So excited to be participating in the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books. Even though I'm super late, I know this will be fun!

1. What's You're Name?
Hi, my name is Lakin (lake - in, I thought give a break down because it's been pronounced so many ways including Larkin, Lankin, Lackin, and Lurkin among others!)

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I am blogging from somewhere in the green hills (that are white and cold at the moment) of the United States of America!

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I got interested in Goodreads and somewhere along the way of reading reviews on there I discovered book blogs. I started following a bunch of them, and in January of  2014 I decided that I wanted to start my own. So here I am!

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, books often fill readers with wonder, so I decided on Wonderous Reviews!

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I read and review quite a variety of fairy tale retellings, fantasy, and Christian fiction, along with a little contemporary YA to top it all off!

6. What other types of posts do you do on you blog, apart from reviews?
I really enjoy writing discussion posts! Until this year, I was afraid to write them, but I got over it and now I love them. I also love memes and my features because they are so fun to write and they bring about such wonderful interaction!

7. Best blogging experience so far?
Interacting with so many amazing authors and readers!

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Definitely all of the support and book love that seems to be so abundant around here.

9. Name the 5 books you're the most excited for this 2015!
Remnants Season of Fire by Lisa T. Bergren
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
The Sunken Realm by Serena Chase
The Captive Imposter by Dawn Crandall
An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund
Wild Hearts by Jessica Burkhart
After A Fashion by Jen Turano
(Oh, I'm sorry if that's more than 5, I never claimed to be a math genius)

10. What's an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I'm not sure that they are underrated, but everyone should definitely read The Eyes of E'veria series by Serena Chase, and the River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren!

11. Which book boy or girl would be your BFF?
My favorite characters from any of my favorite books! (It's so hard to decide)

12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I enjoy spending time with my family, going on mission trips (I've only been on one - to Romania an it was such an amazing experience), traveling, being outside, walking my black lab Princess, baking, gardening, and ice skating. Oh, and blogging!

13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Clothes of course! And shoes, but especially dresses!

14. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about book to movie adaptations. Sometimes they work, but most of the time it just isn't the same. If everything was exactly like the book, then it would be really awesome to see The Eyes of E'veria series by Serena Chase made into a TV show (a movie wouldn't be long enough)!

I can't wait to read everyone else's posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments! I will reply to all comments that make a reply form in my mind, so if you have a question, comment, or something to say, feel free to do so!